Amit Banerjee is new Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited

Amit Banerjee, who was serving as Executive Director, has assumed charge as new Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited on Friday
Amit Banerjee is new Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited
  • Amit Banerjee is the new Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited, he has been elevated from ED post

  • He was recommended for the post of Director by PESB in December 2019

New Delhi: Amit Banerjee has been appointed as Director ( Rail & Metro Business) and Member on the Board of  BEML Limited, a Miniratna Defence PSU under the Ministry of Defence.  He has assumed charge of the post on Friday, October 9. Prior to this, he was Executive Director (Rail & Metro) of the same organisation. Earlier, PSU Watch had reported when Banerjee was shortlisted for the post of Director (Rail & Metro Business) of BEML Limited by a PESB panel on December 26, 2019. He was selected from a list of seven candidates who were interviewed by the selection panel.

Banerjee's profile

He is a graduate in Mechanical Engineering from IIT (BHU), Varanasi and joined BEML as Asst. Engineer in the year 1984. In his professional career spanning over three decades in BEML, Banerjee has worked in R&D and manufacturing functions. His experience involves the design & development of various products like SSEMU, Metro cars, Catenary Maintenance Vehicle etc.

Under his guidance, his team received the "Raksha Mantri Award" for design effort towards design and development of Austenitic Stainless Steel EMU & Intermediate metro cars for Delhi Metro. He has played a significant role in phased indigenisation of rolling stock aggregates.

BEML Limited

BEML Limited, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited, was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for the manufacture of rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex. The company has been partially disinvested and presently, the government has 54 percent of the total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by the public, financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees. It is a Miniratna PSU that serves India's core sectors like defence, rail, power, mining and infrastructure.

(PSU Watch– India's Business News centre that places the spotlight on PSUs, Bureaucracy, Defence and Public Policy is now on Telegram. Join PSU Watch Channel in your Telegram and stay updated)

Defence Watch